I love this drink a latte! Okay, okay, so I get that this joke is not original, but you will get what I mean after a sip of this tasty coffee. The only supplies necessary are a coffee maker, a french press, and a large mug. That’s pretty much it! No fancy shmancy espresso machine needed. I like to make a french vanilla latte by adding a tablespoon of french vanilla coffee creamer at the bottom of the mug before the coffee is poured in, but that’s up to preference 😉 Without further adieu, let’s check out the recipe!
- 1/3 cup strong coffee or espresso.
- 1 cup whole milk (you can use any milk, but full fat milk froths best)
- 1-2 T creamer (optional)
- Start by pouring the creamer into the mug. Pour the coffee right on top.
- In a glass microwavable measuring cup, add the milk. Microwave for 1 minute or so until it starts to bubble slightly. Remove from microwave.
- Add the warm milk into the french press and place lid on top. Pump the plunger slowly up and down for 45 seconds or so. You will notice the milk doubling in volume. Remove lid and pour slowly into the coffee mug. The thick milk will go in first, followed by that lovely, velvety foam.
~ Amy and Esther ❤