I think we can all admit to tasting brownie batter before it’s cooked into fudgy brownies. Something about that insane chocolate taste makes you impatient. Did anybody say yum? I could swear I heard somebody say yum. These chocolaty oats are perfect for your kids, friends, and obviously yourself. The secret to this creamy breakfast is cocoa powder. Cocoa powder gives your oats a luscious and rich chocolaty flavor, which tastes just like brownie batter. Let’s dive in before you start eating your device.
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup almond milk (or any milk of your choice)
- 1/4 cup plain or vanilla greek yogurt (If you choose vanilla, cut the vanilla and sweetener down a bit)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-4 tsp sweetener (you can use anything really, but I use brown sugar)
- 2 T cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 1/2 scoop of your favorite protein powder (optional)
- 1/2 T nut butter (I use peanut butter, but almond or cashew butter would be fantastic)
- 1 tsp chia seeds (optional, but they thicken the oatmeal and give it a heartier, healthier texture)
- 1 T chocolate chips (optional, but completely necessary)
- Combine all ingredients well until smooth. Pour into a mason jar and let sit overnight. Wake up to dessert for breakfast the next day!
~ Amy and Esther ❤
Serving Size: 1
Calorie Count: 270