Yes, yes, i know. The title is a bit long, but it describes this recipe pretty well, as you’ll soon see. Nice cream was a BIG thing going around social media a couple months ago. Not quite ‘overnight oats’ big, but still an eyecatcher for trend-followers like me. The best part of this creamy, dreamy chocolate nice cream is the simplicity. There are only 3 ingredients, and you can even leave 2 out for 1 ingredient ice cream. The second best part is that this ice cream is light and easy, perfect for a quick breakfast (this ice cream is healthy enough for breakfast) or a throw-together healthy dessert. My mind was blown the first time I made it, and I bet that you’ll find that yours is going to be too 🙂 Let’s dive right into the ice cream!
- 2 large bananas (for 1 large serving)
- (optional) 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 T unsweetened cocoa powder
- The day before making, chop the bananas up and put them in a gallon ziplock. Throw them in the freezer.
- The next day, in a food processor, throw in all the ingredients and process things until there are no chunks. Scrape down sides periodically.
- Place in a freezer-safe bowl and freeze for at least 2 hours (or eat as is for soft-serve).
Serving Size: 1
Calorie Count: 250